To contribute to society through the advancement of knowledge and learning in the humanities and social sciences.
The FASS mission comprises three parts. It emphasizes:
- Advancement of knowledge through research.
- Advancement of learning through education.
- Service to society.
The FASS will be distinguished in education, research, social commitment, and the vibrancy of its community.
- Be a leading centre of research, and the leader in Asian Studies;
- Offer outstanding education in the humanities and social sciences, attracting the best students;
- Be home to an intellectual community with strong social commitment, eliciting pride and belonging from its students, staff and alumni.