FASS Student Leadership Award
The introduction of the FASS Student Leadership Award (FSLA) commemorates the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences’ 85th Anniversary in 2014. The FSLA recognises student leaders beyond academic excellence, and aims to reward students who demonstrate student leadership, foster experiential learning, and enhance outreach activities within FASS and the wider community.
NUS President Professor Tan Chorh Chuan identified the importance of cultivating students with “i-NUS qualities” during his State of the University Address in 2013. Inquisitiveness, Imagination, Initiative, Inner resilience, Inclusiveness and Integrity are some of the qualities that the FSLA recognises in its student leaders – individuals who can serve as role models for their peers and also as future alumni ambassadors for the Faculty.
The FSLA will be launched in AY2014/2015 and awarded each academic year, with values of S$300 or S$500 for each individual or group respectively.
1 June 2015 – 1 July 2015
Award winners will be notified in the first week of August 2015.
Nominations are to be submitted by the Society, the Society Advisor, or Faculty Member. Self-nominations are also accepted.
Please send the completed Nomination Form along with the supporting documents (See Annex A) by e-mail or hardcopy to:
Ms Lynn Seah (firstname.lastname@example.org)
FASS Dean’s Office, External Relations and Student Life
5 Arts Link, Level 5 (AS7) Shaw Foundation Building
FASS Student Leadership Award (Individual)
- A personal write-up to include information under the assessment criteria of ‘Leadership Ability’ (not more than 200 words), ‘Relationship Management’ (not more than 100 words), and ‘Impact of the Project on the Faculty and/or Community’ (not more than 100 words)
- One letter of reference (Leadership potential, co-curricular activities and good character of the candidate etc.)
- Supporting documents to substantiate the above criteria where relevant (Emails, feedback, publicity materials, registration lists, programme booklets, event photos etc.)
FASS Student Leadership Award (Group)
- A write-up to include information under the assessment criteria of ‘Student Participation and Bonding’, ‘Innovative Projects’ and ‘Enhancing the Faculty and/or Community’(not more than 400 words combined)
- Relevant supporting documents (Emails, feedback, publicity materials, registration lists, programme booklets, event photos etc.)
General Eligibility Criteria
The award is open to all full-time Undergraduate and Graduate FASS students and recognised FASS student groups and societies.
Click here for more information on eligibility criteria