Coursework programmes involve attendance at formal classes, seminars, laboratories and written examinations. Some programmes also require the candidate to undertake a project or practicum.
There are currently nine coursework programmes comprising seven Masters degree programmes and one Graduate Diploma programme. The degrees are obtained after a prescribed course of study.
The programmes are:
- Master of Arts (Chinese Culture and Language)
- Master of Arts (English Language and Linguistics)
- Master of Arts (Literary Studies)
- Master of Arts (Southeast Asian Studies)
- Master of Economics
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Master of Science (Applied Geographic Information Systems)
- Master of Social Work
- Graduate Diploma in Social Work
The Doctor of Clinical Psychology programme was originally due to launch in 2020. Please note that the programme has been put on hold for the time being and until further notice. For more information, please refer to the website here.
Master of Science (Speech & Language Pathology)
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) and the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (SoM) offer a coursework Master of Science (Speech & Language Pathology) programme. This is the first degree to be offered jointly by FASS and SoM, and represents a significant milestone for allied health training at NUS. More information on the programme can be found here.