The University offers financial assistance to full-time graduate coursework students through the following scholarships.
NUS Graduate Scholarships for ASEAN Nationals
The NUS Graduate Scholarships for ASEAN Nationals are offered by NUS to finance the pursuit of a designated graduate degree by full-time coursework at NUS. This applies to MOE-subsidised, single-degree, full-time coursework graduate degrees. Only nationals (citizens or permanent residents) of a member country of ASEAN are eligible to apply for the scholarships. Nationals of Singapore, as well as those of any non-member country of ASEAN, are not eligible. The ASEAN countries are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
As a limited number of scholarships is available each academic year, they are awarded on a very competitive basis. The scholarship will be awarded for the normal duration of the particular degree (based on full-time load of 20 MCs per semester). A NUS Graduate Scholarships for ASEAN Nationals recipient must enrol for sufficient modules (generally, 20 MCs per semester) to be able to complete the degree programme within the normal duration for the programme. Recipient must also maintain a minimum CAP of 3.5, with no grade below "C" for any module/subject for the continuation of the scholarship.
There is no bond or obligation for the scholar to be employed by NUS or in Singapore. The scholar is expected to complete the designated graduate degree and return to his or her home country.
The scholarship will provide for the following:
- A monthly stipend of S$1,350;
- A one-time book allowance of S$500;
- Visa and Student's Pass Fee;
- Medical examination fees for Student's Pass application (capped at S$60);
- Tuition fees and Miscellaneous Student Fees at NUS and throughout the period of the award;
- Cost of air travel for one-way ticket of up to S$500 on economy class and up to 20kg baggage per trip from home country to Singapore on award of the Scholarship; and
- Cost of air travel for one-way ticket of up to S$500 on economy class and up to 20kg baggage per trip from Singapore back to the home country upon successful completion of the course of study leading to the award of the degree.
Application for the NUS Graduate Scholarships for ASEAN Nationals is incorporated in the form for the respective designated graduate degree.
The following graduate degrees are designated for NUS Graduate Scholarships for ASEAN Nationals:
- Master of Arts (Chinese Studies)
- Master of Arts (English Language and Linguistics)
- Master of Arts (Literary Studies)
- Master of Arts (Southeast Asian Studies)
- Master of Social Work
Please click here for more information of the scholarship.
The Ngee Ann Kongsi Post-Graduate Scholarships
The Ngee Ann Kongsi is offering up to 12 Post-Graduate Scholarships annually to attract more Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents to join the fields of counselling, gerontology, psychology, social work, para-medical work etc.
You must be enrolled or have received an offer of admission to a Masters by coursework, Masters by research or Graduate Diploma programme at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. Both full-time and part-time students are eligible to apply.
Applications are open annually from 1 to 31 October. All applications must be endorsed by your home department (along with a letter from the Head, or nominee, with details on the programme) and you are required to inform the Graduate Studies Division that you are submitting an application. Those in the coursework programmes should write to the coursework administrator while research students should write to the research administrator. Applications are to be sent directly to The Ngee Ang Kongsi by the applicant.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by The Ngee Ann Kongsi for interviews (most likely in January).
For more information on the Scholarship, please refer to Ngee Ann Kongsi’s website here.