The Overseas Education Programme (OEP) Award is introduced to support our undergraduates who are NUS scholarship recipients (except those holding the Global Merit Scholarships) in their overseas education experience.
Application periodIn the semester prior to departing for the SEP/NOC programme commencing in :
|Semester 1||1 to 15 July|
|Semester 2||1 to 15 December|
|Semester 3 & 4||1-15 April|
Value of award
- From $2,500 up to a maximum of $5,000.
- Quantum awarded will vary, with the financially needy students receiving a higher quantum.
- from $400 up to a maximum of $3,000.
In the beginning of the semester that the student departs for the OEP/NOC programme through student’s NUS account.
FASS students who are holding NUS scholarships at the time of their OEP:
- NUS Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship
- NUS Undergraduate Scholarship
- Kent Ridge Undergraduate (Merit) Scholarship
- Kent Ridge Undergraduate Scholarship
The OEP must be formal student exchange agreements such as FASS places offered under the University –level , Faculty-level and Department-level SEPs/OEPs and NUS Overseas Colleges (NOC) Programmes such as the year –long programmes conducted at Silicon Valley or Bio Valley.
- must not hold any other OEP/NOC programmes financial awards or any other financial awards that provide for costs of the same OEP/NOC programme
- students are expected to make satisfactory progress towards completion of their academic programme and be good ambassadors for the Faculty. Hence, the sponsored value must be returned to FASS if the student does not complete the OEP/NOC programme or does not complete it satisfactorily (eg. failure to pass all the modules or subject to disciplinary action at the partner university / company, etc)
- students must transfer at least 18MCs in each semester, for the sponsored OEP/NOC programme.
- students can only enjoy this scholarship once in their entire undergraduate candidature.
- DDP students (whereby FASS is their second home faculty) are not eligible for this award.
Students are required to complete the online form.. The completed online form , together with the supporting documents must be submitted personally to the Dean’s Office at AS7 level 5 within the application period.