The FASS Student Leadership Award (FSLA) recognises student leaders beyond academic excellence, and aims to reward students who demonstrate student leadership, foster experiential learning, and enhance outreach activities within FASS and/or the wider community.
The FSLA was launched in AY2014/2015 and is awarded each academic year, with values of $300 for each individual award and $500 for each group award. In 2018, a total of 1 group award and 5 individual awards were given out.
Application Period: 5 June – 3 July 2020
Award winners will be notified in August 2020.
Nominations are to be submitted by the Society, the Society Advisor, or Faculty Member. Self-nominations are also accepted.
Please send the completed nomination form and the supporting documents (detailed below) by e-mail to:
Ms Lynn Seah
Manager (Student Support)
- A write-up of the project in no more than 500 words, mentioning the following pointers:
- Background and overview of Project – aims and objectives, innovation, collaboration with other groups, etc.
- Impact of the Project on the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and/or external community, including a clear articulation of the number of people who benefited from your initiative; how you arrived at these numbers, etc.
- What makes your initiatives(s) stand out
- Self-reflection on your leadership abilities and relationship management skills – e.g. the challenges you faced and how you overcame them, etc.
- Supporting documents to substantiate the points made in the write-up where relevant (emails, feedback or testimonials from people who benefited, publicity materials, registration lists, programme booklets, event photos, etc.)
- A Letter of Recommendation not exceeding one page describing leadership potential, co-curricular activities and good character of the candidate with specific reference to nominee’s project or initiative.
General Eligibility Criteria
- The award is open to all full-time Undergraduate and Graduate FASS students and recognised FASS student groups and societies.
- CLICK HERE for more information on eligibility criteria