About US - History & Objective
The FASS Multimedia Development Laboratory was setup in 1995. It started with 3 computers, 1 for video digitsing and 2 for scanning. Throughout the years the lab has been constantly upgrading the equipments and currently there are 12 computers, 3 for scanning, 8 for video digitising and editing and 1 for audio digitising and editing.
ALL of the Multimedia Laboratory's facilities and services are open to staff and students doing research or academic projects from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences only.
To provide state-of-the-art multimedia facilities to support the Faculty's teaching, learning, and research needs.
Rules & Regulations
1. Equipments and the use of facilities are for academic purpose only.
2. Advance booking of at least 3 days for use of cameras and computers.
3. Booking will lapse automatically after 30 minutes for no-shows or latecomers.
4. Remove all files and folders upon completion of the project.
5. Observe all AUP (Acceptable use policy) for any IT resources.
6. Save the file only in the assigned folder. (e.g. V:\Student\userid ).
7. Borrowed equiptment should be returned on time.
8. Adhere strictly to the operating times of the Lab.
Weekdays: 9am - 5:30pm
(Closed from 1-2pm during University vacation)
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
9. Food and drinks are strictly prohibited.
10. Do not share any folders without approval by the lab personnel.
11. Installation of software is not allowed.