For academic project purposes, FASS staff and students only can use the facilities and borrow equipment from FASS MDL. Cross-faculty students whose FASS modules require use of multimedia equipments are also allowed to use the facilities.
Please approach the staff-in-charge with regards to the software or equipment which you wish to borrow.
Confirmation email from your course/module supervisor is required and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon approval, you will need to sign a loan agreement form.
Confirmation email is not required from students of pre-approved modules
(Please allow at least 3 days of processing for approval)
Loan by student clubs and societies
(1) FASS subject-based clubs and societies
Society is to submit their request through the department. If the head supports it, FASS MDL will try to accomodate.
Arts Club is included in this category.
(2) FASS non-subject-based clubs and societies
Loans are reviewed on case by case basis.
(3) Non FASS modules, clubs, societies and departments
Not allowed to borrow FASS MDL equipment.
Equipment Loan period:
Peak Period : 3 days (term time)
Non-Peak Period: 7 days
Equip loan time: Mon - Fri: 9am to 1230pm and 2pm to 530pm.
Equip return time: Mon - Fri: 9am to 1230pm.
*Please note that all loans are subject to FASS approval and availability.
1. Item(s) on loan are solely for academic project purpose only.
2. Borrowers must return/renew their loans when due, failing to do so, disciplinary actions will be taken.
3. Borrower is held responsible for the condition of the item(s) borrowed.
4. Borrower will be held responsible for breakdowns/faults found in item(s) when returned.
A replacement fee will be charged for such damages.
Borrower must therefore check and report any faults found before borrowing.
5. Borrower who loses the item(s) is liable to pay for replacement cost of the item(s).
6. Borrower may face disciplinary action if he/she misuses the item(s) borrowed, such as copyright infringement or for a purpose in excess of what has been stated.