Coursework programmes involve attendance at formal classes, seminars, laboratories and written examinations. Some programmes also require the candidate to undertake a project or practicum.
There are currently ten coursework programmes comprising nine Masters degree programmes and one Graduate Diploma programme. The degrees are obtained after a prescribed course of study.
The programmes are:
- Master of Arts (Chinese Culture and Language)
- Master of Arts (Chinese Studies)
- Master of Arts (Language Studies)
- Master of Arts (English Language and Linguistics)
- Master of Arts (Southeast Asian Studies)
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Master of Science (Applied Geographic Information Systems)
- Master of Social Sciences (Applied Economics)
- Master of Social Work
- Graduate Diploma in Social Work
Master of Science (Speech & Language Pathology)
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) and the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (SoM) offer a coursework Master of Science (Speech & Language Pathology) programme. This is the first degree to be offered jointly by FASS and SoM, and represents a significant milestone for allied health training at NUS. More information on the programme can be found here.