International Student

Most general information which international applicants find helpful are available from either the website of the Office of Student Affairs, the Office of Admissions or the Registrar's Office. To help you get started, here are some relevant links.


Information about Singapore

Need to know more about Singapore? Visit


Immigration Matters

Information on applying for Student's Pass is available from our University's Office of Student Affairs website. Click here for the information.

If you wish to find out more about immigration matters, visit the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority website.


International Students Services

The International Student Services (ISS) of the Office of Student Affairs provides assistance to all international students in the University. The services it offers include:

  • Orientation
  • Student's Pass information and application
  • Host family / Student buddy programme
  • Information on cultural and recreational events happening in Singapore
  • Support through international student services

Information relevant to international students on immigration matters, accommodation, transport service, etc, can be obtained from the website of the Office of Student Affairs. If you require more details, you may consult the officer-in-charge at the Office of Student Affairs (3rd Storey, Yusof Ishak House) or call 6516 4817 or fax 6778 5902.


Residential Services

Full-time international students who wish to apply for accommodation at the University's hostels may do so through the Office of Student Affairs' Hostel Admission Services site.

*Graduate students may apply for accommodation at the University's hostels at either Prince George's Park (which caters to married students with spouses/children in Singapore) or UTown Residence.

Estimated Living Cost*

Click here for useful information on monthly living expenses which cover estimates for accommodation, food, transportation and personal expenses.


Visits by Families

International students who would like their families to join them in Singapore should note that their families have to follow the procedures of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). Your family's stay here does not automatically follow from your admittance to the programme. Please refer to the ICA website for information on entry visa, social visit passes, etc.

Social Visit Pass (for Spouse and/or Child of Full-time Graduate Research Students)*

The spouse and/or child (unmarried and below the age of 17) of full-time graduate research students may obtain sponsorship from the University for a Social Visit Pass to stay in Singapore. Information and application forms are available here.

* Please note that information marked with '*' refers to graduate students and may not be fully applicable to all prospective students.


Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences

Dean's Office, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences National University of Singapore

  • Add: The Shaw Foundation Building, Block AS7, Level 5
  • 5 Arts Link, Singapore 117570
  • Level 5 (Undergraduate) & Level 6 (Graduate)
  • Fax: +65 6777 0751
We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…