Faculty Level: Scholarship
Ian and Peony Ferguson Scholarship
Ian Ferguson was born in London, England and accomplished a long and illustrious career in Asia. He was a successful entrepreneur who went on to forge joint ventures in the manufacturing industries. In the name of Ian Ferguson Foundation, an endowed gift of $150,000 was donated to establish the Ian and Peony Ferguson Scholarship. The Scholarship is established in memory of the late Mr Ian Ferguson.
The purpose of the Fund is to award scholarships to FASS students who are bright but financially needy.
The award of this scholarship will commence in Sem 2, AY2010-11.
1 February - 1 April.
Value of Award
The Scholarship is valued at $5000 and is tenable for 1 year.
The Scholarship will be given to the student within a month from approval.
The Scholarship is available to FASS students who:
- are Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents;
- in Year 2, 3 or Honours year of study;
- have a minimum CAP of 4.0 at the point of application.
- Information on co-curricular participation and family financial circumstances must be submitted at the time of application.
- Students awarded the FASS Scholarship are not allowed to hold any other bursaries or scholarships from NUS or other organizations without the consent of the awarding Committee.
Successful applicants may apply again for the scholarship the following year, if they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Students are required to complete the online form.
- Students who apply for this Scholarship will be considered for all other Scholarship available at Office of Financial Aid during the same semester.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview conducted in January/ February in the following year.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email.
Upon Successful Application
Submit the Acceptance Form together with the supporting documents to Dean’s Office, AS7, level 5.