The President's Graduate Fellowship (PGF) is awarded to candidates who show exceptional promise or accomplishment in research. A number of PhD research students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
The Fellowships are open to all nationalities who will be admitted as a full-time candidate for a PhD programme at NUS.
The PGF is initially awarded for one year. It may be renewed each semester on the basis of the scholar's performance in the previous semesters and the recommendation of the Faculty. The maximum award is four years.
Each award covers:
(1) A monthly stipend as follows:
|Singapore Permanent Resident||S$3,200|
(2) Full Tuition fees at NUS;
(3) A one-off air travel allowance# for one-way ticket of up to S$750 (only for overseas students); and
(4) A one-off settling-in allowance of S$1,000 (only for overseas students).
* With effect from 1 August 2015, Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions shall be provided at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer's contribution rate set by CPF, on top of the monthly stipend received.
#All airfare claims must be made within 1 month from date of travel. Please attach original receipt(s) with the relevant completed form and submit it to Registrar's Office.
PGF recipients must be in Singapore during the duration of the scholarship award, except during period(s) of approved leave. Recipients may be required by the Head of Department/Programme concerned to assist in teaching or departmental work.
The University does not provide additional assistance towards travel or other costs, besides those indicated above, nor does it guarantee employment to the scholar on the successful completion of the programme.