Application & Financial Aid
When can I apply for the SEP?
Students who are interested in the Semester in SEA Exchange Programme must submit their Student Exchange Programme (SEP) application through the Student Information System.
There are 2 rounds of application:
- Round 1 - mid-September to mid-October (For SEP in Semester 1 or Semester 2)
- Round 2 - end-February to mid-March (For SEP in Semester 2 only)
Students will be notified of the exact application timeline by the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences International Relations team through an email sent in February and September each year.
Southeast Asian Studies major students who are interested in participating in the Semester-in-SEA exchange programme should fulfill the following criteria:
- Registered as a full-time undergraduate student
- Have successfully completed at least 1 semester upon application and 2 semesters upon admission to the assigned Partner University
- Have completed a minimum of 12 MCs in Southeast Asian Studies (excluding language modules)
- Have read or waived from 2 levels of language modules in the same language track (LAB, LAT or LAV)
- Have a minimum CAP of at least 3.00 and preferably not have any grade below 'C'
- Have the financial resources for personal and living expenses for the duration of the SEP
Students are not allowed to go on SEP in their graduating semester (i.e. final semester of studies).
For complete information and guidelines on applying for Student Exchange Programme, please visit FASS Website.
TEMASEK FOUNDATION LEADERSHIP ENRICHMENT AND REGIONAL NETWORKING PROGRAMME @ NUS (TF-LEARN@NUS)
The TF-LEaRN@NUS award is funded by Temasek Foundation to promote student exchanges between NUS and Partner Universities in ASEAN, India, China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. This award is administered by the NUS Office of International Relations (IRO) and is available for SEP in Semester 1 and 2.
Students applying for the Semester-in-Southeast Asia Exchange Programme are eligible for TF-LEaRN@NUS. Recipients of this award will receive up to S$6 000 - S$7 000 each, which will help to cover airfare, accommodation, books and other expenses.
This award is open to full-time undergraduate NUS students who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents only. Email invitation will be sent to the NUS account of eligible students.
For further information on application and Terms and Requirements of the award, please visit the International Relations Office (IRO) TF-LEaRN@NUS website.