Application & Financial Aid
When can I apply for the SEP?
Students who are interested in the Semester in SEA Exchange Programme must submit their Student Exchange Programme (SEP) application through the Student Information System.
There are 2 rounds of application:
- Round 1 - mid-September to mid-October (For SEP in Semester 1 or Semester 2)
- Round 2 - end-February to mid-March (For SEP in Semester 2 only)
Students will be notified of the exact application timeline by the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences International Relations team through an email sent in February and September each year.
Southeast Asian Studies major students who are interested in participating in the Semester-in-SEA exchange programme should fulfill the following criteria:
- Registered as a full-time undergraduate student
- Have successfully completed at least 1 semester upon application and 2 semesters upon admission to the assigned Partner University
- Have completed a minimum of 12 MCs in Southeast Asian Studies (excluding language modules)
- Have read or waived from 2 levels of language modules in the same language track (LAB, LAT or LAV)
- Have a minimum CAP of at least 3.00 and preferably not have any grade below 'C'
- Have the financial resources for personal and living expenses for the duration of the SEP
Students are not allowed to go on SEP in their graduating semester (i.e. final semester of studies).
For complete information and guidelines on applying for Student Exchange Programme, please visit FASS Website.
TEMASEK FOUNDATION LEADERSHIP ENRICHMENT AND REGIONAL NETWORKING PROGRAMME @ NUS (TF-LEARN@NUS)
The TF-LEaRN@NUS award is funded by Temasek Foundation to promote student exchanges between NUS and Partner Universities in ASEAN, India, China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. This award is administered by the NUS Office of International Relations (IRO) and is available for SEP in Semester 1 and 2.
Students applying for the Semester-in-Southeast Asia Exchange Programme are eligible for TF-LEaRN@NUS. Recipients of this award will receive up to S$6 000 - S$7 000 each, which will help to cover airfare, accommodation, books and other expenses.
This award is open to full-time undergraduate NUS students who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents only. Email invitation will be sent to the NUS account of eligible students.
For further information on application and Terms and Requirements of the award, please visit the International Relations Office (IRO) TF-LEaRN@NUS website.
K. S. SANDHU ASEAN STUDENT EXCHANGE SCHOLARSHIP
Professor Kernial Singh Sandhu was the fourth and longest serving Director of the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) from 1972 to 1992. As a tribute to honour Professor Sandhu's immense contribution to the promotion of scholarly exchange within Southeast Asia, ISEAS has pledged a gift to establish the K. S. Sandhu ASEAN Student Exchange Scholarship to support Southeast Asian Studies undergraduate students participating in the Semester-in-Southeast Asia exchange programme and/or students from partner universities of the exchange programme.
The K. S. Sandhu ASEAN Student Exchange Scholarship is administered by the Department of Southeast Asian Studies. One scholarship of S$6,000 will be awarded in each academic year to the most deserving Southeast Asian Studies major participating in the Semester-in-Southeast Asia exchange programme.Each scholarship is tenable for one year only.
This scholarship is open to all Southeast Asian Studies majors who are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents and participating in the Semester-in-Southeast Asia exchange programme at one of the following partner universities:
- Khon Kaen University
- University of Gadjah Mada
- Ateneo de Manila University
Southeast Asian Studies undergraduate major students will be selected by the Department of Southeast Asian Studies based on the following criteria:
- Latest Cumulative Average Point (CAP)
- Financial needs based on family per capita income (PCI)
- Leadership experience
- Participation in extra/co-curricular activities
No scholarship will be awarded unless there is a candidate of sufficient merit.