SRN launches ‘Singapore on Screen’ – FASS Undergraduate Short Film Competition
Singapore on Screen
The FASS Undergraduate Short Film Competition 2012 is a new initiative organized by the Singapore Research Nexus (SRN). Undergraduates who are taking a FASS module which has an original short film component are encouraged to submit their entries.
The winning film will receive a prize of $500!
The requirements for the entries and prize-giving are as follows:
- The film must be made as part of the course requirement of a FASS module undertaken in 2012 (either AY 2011/12 Semester II or AY 2012/13 Semester I
- The film must be an original short film (e.g. documentary, visual ethnography video or creative piece)
- The film must be set in or about Singapore
- The film may be by an individual or a group of students
- The film must not exceed 15 minutes in length
- The film should be a self-explanatory, standalone piece which demonstrates a particular research methodology, creative process or filmic mode of research for portraying Singapore as taught in the module
- Students are responsible for obtaining written consent from any persons/entities featured in their film
- The film must be submitted to the SRN office (AS7, Level 6, Research Clusters, #06-24 ) in DVD format. For AY 2011/12 Semester 2 submissions the deadline is 31 May 2012, for AY 2012/13 Semester 1, the deadline is 15 December 2012. Please indicate the film-maker(s)’ name(s), student ID, contact details, module number and the Professor teaching the module on your entry. PLEASE NOTE: The SRN office will be temporarily located in AS3-09 while the Research Clusters office is renovated during May 12 to August 5. Please deliver all submissions to AS3-09 during this time.
- A shortlist featuring the best films will be shown in competition in early 2013 at the Singapore on Screen Film Festival where the judging panel will announce the winning film
- Short-listed films may require English subtitles to be added before the competition screening
The SRN Team
For further enquiries please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org