The FASS Student Leadership Award (FSLA) recognises student leaders beyond academic excellence, and aims to reward students who demonstrate student leadership, foster experiential learning, and enhance outreach activities within FASS and/or the wider community.
The FSLA was launched in AY2014/2015 and is awarded each academic year, with values of $300 for each individual award and $500 for each group award. In 2017, a total of 3 group awards and 1 individual award were given out.
1 June – 1 July 2018
Award winners will be notified in August 2018.
Nominations are to be submitted by the Society, the Society Advisor, or Faculty Member. Self-nominations are also accepted.
Please send the completed Nomination Form (Individual or Group) along with the supporting documents by e-mail or hardcopy to:
Ms Lynn Seah
Manager (Student Support)
FASS Dean’s Office, National University of Singapore
5 Arts Link, Level 5 (AS7) Shaw Foundation Building
- A write-up of the project in no more than 400 words, mentioning the following pointers (where applicable):
- Background and overview of Project – aims and objectives, innovation, collaboration with other groups, etc.
- Self-reflection on your/the group’s leadership abilities and relationship management skills, etc.
- Impact of the Project on the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and/or Community
- Challenges faced and how you/your group overcame them
- Possibilities for further development and continuity
- Supporting documents to substantiate the points made in the write-up where relevant (emails, feedback, publicity materials, registration lists, programme booklets, event photos, etc.)
- A Letter of Recommendation not exceeding one page describing leadership potential, impact of the Project and other relevant information with specific reference to nominee’s project or initiative.
General Eligibility Criteria
The award is open to all full-time Undergraduate and Graduate FASS students and recognised FASS student groups and societies. Click here for more information on eligibility criteria, and here for a list of previous winners of the FSLA.