Faculty Level: Scholarship
Hochstadt Scholarship In The Humanities
The Hochstadt Scholarship in The Humanities is set up by Mr Herman Ronald Hochstadt to commemorate the Hochstadt family in Singapore past and present, in particular those who were graduates of the University of Malaya and the National University of Singapore.
The purpose of the Scholarship is to award scholarships to students from the Faculty, who major in Humanities subjects including English Language, English Literature, Theatre Studies, History and Philosophy.
The award of this scholarship will commence in AY2014-15. Up to five scholarships may be awarded in each academic year, one from each of Humanities subjects.
1 February - 1 April
(Applicants who are currently in Year 1, should apply to be considered for the award in the next academic year when they are in Year 2)
Value of Award
The Scholarship will cover the Scholarship holder’s tuition fees (excluding the MOE Tuition Grant) tenable for 1 year. The scholarship will be disbursed over 2 semesters.
The Scholarship will be disbursed directly to the Office of Finance for payment of the Scholarship holder’s tuition fees for Semester 1 and Semester 2.
- Only Singaporean citizens or Permanent Residents will be eligible for the Scholarship. Preference will be given to Singaporean students.
- The Scholarship is open to FASS Year 2 undergraduate students majoring in Humanities subjects. Humanities subjects include English Language, English Literature, Theatre Studies, History and Philosophy.
- Applicants with a minimum CAP of 4.0 will be eligible to apply.
- The Scholarship holder must not concurrently hold any other awards such as scholarships, grants, bursaries or free aid, without the prior approval of the Scholarship Selection Committee as well as the respective awarding bodies.
- For the continuation of the scholarship in the second semester, the Scholarship holder is required to continue reading the Humanities major for which the Scholarship is awarded.
- Students are required to complete the online form.
- Students who apply for this Scholarship will be considered for all other Scholarships available at Office of Financial Aid during the same semester.
- Successful candidates will be notified by e-mail.
Upon Successful Application
Submit the Acceptance Form together with the supporting documents to Dean’s Office, AS7, Level 5.