This course is a continuation of Conversational Thai 4/ Intermediate 1, aiming at equipping learners with sociolinguistic knowledge of the target language. Through the exposure to a variety of topics in real life contexts, media and authentic communicative tasks, learners will be able to deepen their knowledge and mastery of the Thai language and culture, as well as developing language learning strategies in order to be effective language learners and apply what they have learned in real life situations.
Students will be engaged in a variety of topics and tasks to achieve the following communicative functions:
1. Describing unforeseen incidents, suggesting solutions and making police reports
2. Describing and discussing accommodations, including relevant details, i.e. locations, prices, infrastructure, preferences, etc.
3. Talking about rental of vehicles when travelling overseas
4. Describing modes of transport in urban cities and expressing opinions
5. Talking about time management
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Communicate perspectives in Thai in a variety of topics relevant to daily life contexts using the learned and useful grammar and vocabulary.
2. Read and writing short stories relevant to the topics of interests in Thai.
Required Textbook: N/A, notes provided
Schedule: 4 Jan - 14 Mar 2020, 1pm - 4pm, every Saturday
Registration deadline: 7 Dec 2019