- Bunnell, T., Parthasarathy, D. and Thompson, E.C. (2012) (eds) Cleavage, Connection and Conflict in Rural, Urban and Contemporary Asia. Dordrecht: ARI-Springer Asia Series.
- Bunnell, T, D PS Goh, C K Lai and C P Pow, "Global Urban Frontiers? Asian Cities in Theory, Practice and Imagination". Urban Studies, (2012). (United Kingdom)
- Bunnell, T, D PS Goh*, C K Lai and C P Pow, eds., Urban Studies.(United Kingdom), 2012.
- Bunnell, T., Yea, S., Peake, L., Skelton, T. and Smith, M. (2012) 'Geographies of friendships', Progress in Human Geography, forthcoming.
- Hogan, T., Bunnell, T., Pow C.P., Permanasari, E. and Morshidi, S. (2012) 'Asian urbanisms and the privatization of cities', Cities 29 (1): 59-63.
- Bunnell, T. and Goh, D. (2012) 'Urban aspirations and Asian cosmopolitanisms', Geoforum 42(1): 1-3.
- Goh, R B H, "The City and the Economy of 'Losing': Targeting Competitive Bodies in an Era of Global Competition". City as Target, ed. Ryan Bishop, Gregory K. Clancey, John Phillips(2012): 259-274. London: Routledge.
- Hoofd, I M, Ambiguities of Activism: Alter-Globalism and the Imperatives of Speed. London/New York: Routledge Research in Cultural and Media Studies, 2012.
- Hoofd, I M, "Making Sense of the AWARE Saga: the Aporetic Enactment of Feminist Responsibility in Singapore." In Troublesome Women in Asia: The Politics of Gender in Singapore and Malaysia, ed. Koh, Adeline and Yu-Mei Balasingamchow (forthcoming 2012).
- Huang, S., Thang, L.L. and Toyota (2012), “Transnational care mobilities: Rethinking the dynamics of care in Asia”, Global Networks, 129-134.
- Huang, S., Yeoh, B.S.A. and Toyota (2012), “Caring for the elderly: The Embodied labour of migrant care workers in Singapore”, Global Networks, 12(2), 195-215.
- Kong, L., (2012) “Transnational mobilities and the making of creative cities”. Theory, Culture & Society.
- Kong, L., (2012) “Ambitions of a Global City: Arts, Culture and Creative Economy in “Post-Crisis” Singapore", International Journal of Cultural Policy, 18, no.3: 279-294.
- Kong, L., (2012) “Improbable art: the creative economy and sustainable cluster development in a Hong Kong industrial district", Eurasian Geography and Economics, 52, no.2: 182-196.
- Kong, L., (2012), "Conceptualising Cultural and Creative Spaces," Bunkakeizaigaku (Cultural Economics), vol.9, No.1, 12-22.
- Kong, L., (2012) “No place, new places: death and its rituals in urban Asia”. Urban Studies, Volume 49 Issue 2: 415 – 433. (2011, first published online).
- Hopkins, P., Kong, L. and Olson, E. eds., (2012) Religion and Place: Landscape, Politics and Piety, Dordrecht: Springer.
- Kong, L. (2012) “Creating urban spaces for culture, heritage and the arts in Singapore: Balancing policy-led development and organic growth”. In The Politics of Urban Cultural Policy: Global Perspectives, ed. C Gordach and D Silver, Routledge.
- Kong, L., and Nair, S., (2012) "Geographies of religious conversion". In Oxford Handbook of Religious Conversion, ed. Lewis Rambo and Charles Farhidan. Oxford University Press.
- Kong, L., and Nair, S., (2012) "Home as A Space of Worship". In International Encyclopedia of Housing and Home, Vol.2 ed. Susan J.- Smith, Manja Elsinga, Lorna Fox O'Mahony, Ong Seow Eng, Susan Wachter and Robyn Dowling. Oxford: Elsevier, 394-398.
- Kong, L., (2012) “City branding”. In Cultural Policy and Governance in a New Metropolitan Age, ed. Helmut K Anheier and Raj Yudhishthir Isar, Cultures and Globalization Series, vol. III. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 87-98.
- Mobrand, E. Reverse Remittances: Internal Migration and Rural-to-Urban Remittances in Industrializing South Korea, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, Vol. 38, no. 2 (Feb. 2012).
- Mobrand, E. Chinese Urban Migration and Politics, In The Encyclopedia of Global Human Migration, edited by Immanuel Ness (New York: Wiley Blackwell, forthcoming 2012).
- Patke, R.S., ‘London: the imperial target." in The City as Target. Ed. Ryan Bishop, Greg Clancey, and John W. Phillips. London and New York: Routledge, 2012, 218-223.
- Pow, C.P. and Neo, H. (2012) 'Seeing Red Over Green: Contesting Urban Sustainabilities in China', Urban Studies, forthcoming.